Help & Feedback
Work in progress
Indespensible MaxScripts, Plugins and 3rd Party Tools
The allmighty FREE Resources Thread !
The Life of a Sea Turtle - Tutorial by mrgrotey
Maxforums member photo gallery index
Maxforums Member Tutorials
three cheers to maxforums...
101 Things you didnt know in Max...
A Face tutorial from MDB101 :D
Maxforums.org Members Gallery
SON OF POST YOURSELF
Dub's Maxscript Tutorial Index
Maxunderground news unavailable
Tips to speed up rendering process...
I don´t know if there´s already a group about this subject, but I thought it would be very useful for everybody working with Max.
So please post your tips how to speed up rendering process, even if it seems obvious to you.
01. Uncheck rendered frame window (save file must be checked...small speed up, but still speed up)
02. Optimize your texture map sizes for the final product (smaller they are, lighter they are to calculate)
read 609 times
2/24/2009 2:48:47 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 2:57:14 AM)
3. model correctly, don't have geometry bashing though other geometry
4. keep an eye on the samples of the lights and materials, the higher they are, the longer it will take to render.
read 597 times
2/24/2009 2:58:30 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 2:58:30 AM)
5. use uncompressed textures instead of jpg's
read 586 times
2/24/2009 3:13:12 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 3:13:12 AM)
6. Avoid displacement mapping unless necessary.
7. Buy a really fast computer.
read 582 times
2/24/2009 3:18:10 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 3:18:53 AM)
8. Things like depth of field and volume fog slow the render down loads and can usually be done in post using a zdepth pass.
read 575 times
2/24/2009 3:21:04 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 3:21:22 AM)
9. Save out your Geometry Cache
10. Save out your Final Gather Map
These two together can save you 50% of your render times on Mental Ray.
read 572 times
2/24/2009 3:22:13 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 3:40:04 AM)
use smaller shadow map sizes whenever possible.
read 523 times
2/24/2009 8:08:32 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 8:08:32 AM)
buy a large renderfarm, that will surely speed up things a lot :-)
read 498 times
2/24/2009 8:59:49 AM (last edit: 2/24/2009 8:59:49 AM)
Open chat window