Forum Groups
  All forums
    Help & Feedback
      Work in progress
      Finished Art
      Non-Max related

Featured Threads
  inspiration alert!!!
(37 replies)
  Indespensible MaxScripts, Plugins and 3rd Party Tools
(37 replies)
  The allmighty FREE Resources Thread !
(17 replies)
  spam alert!!!
(4886 replies)
  Maxforums member photo gallery index
(114 replies)
  Maxforums Member Tutorials
(89 replies)
  three cheers to maxforums...
(240 replies)
  101 Things you didnt know in Max...
(198 replies)
  A Face tutorial from MDB101 :D
(95 replies) Members Gallery
(516 replies)
(637 replies)
  Dub's Maxscript Tutorial Index
(119 replies)

Maxunderground news unavailable

show user profile  charliemagnum
Hi can any one tell me what is the NAME of the process where high res details of object are transferred to the low res model via texture mapping ?

read 385 times
4/23/2015 6:49:38 PM (last edit: 4/23/2015 6:49:38 PM)
show user profile  K-tonne
normal mapping
or slightly more complex is parallax mapping
rougher version would be bump mapping
higher overhead version would be displacement mapping

Website and Portfolio

read 381 times
4/23/2015 6:58:04 PM (last edit: 4/23/2015 6:58:04 PM)
show user profile  Nik Clark
This page describes the process:

read 372 times
4/23/2015 7:46:38 PM (last edit: 4/23/2015 7:46:38 PM)
show user profile  sheheryar_noor
Nik, do you save everything you read about 3d?:-? here you go
read 361 times
4/23/2015 8:37:20 PM (last edit: 4/23/2015 8:37:35 PM)
show user profile  charliemagnum
THANKS K-tonne , Nik Clark and Sheheryar :)
read 319 times
4/26/2015 7:50:40 AM (last edit: 4/26/2015 7:52:23 AM)
#Maxforums IRC
Open chat window