Help & Feedback
Work in progress
Indespensible MaxScripts, Plugins and 3rd Party Tools
The allmighty FREE Resources Thread !
The Life of a Sea Turtle - Tutorial by mrgrotey
Maxforums member photo gallery index
Maxforums Member Tutorials
three cheers to maxforums...
101 Things you didnt know in Max...
A Face tutorial from MDB101 :D
Maxforums.org Members Gallery
SON OF POST YOURSELF
Dub's Maxscript Tutorial Index
Maxunderground news unavailable
Any ideas on how I can model this knurling around a cylinder?
read 286 times
10/12/2011 5:25:01 PM (last edit: 10/12/2011 5:25:51 PM)
Model one spike (a simple pyramid), make a small border around it, array it around a central pivot, copy the lot and move it down and to the left, then a couple of more times.
Chamfer if it needs to be smoother
The irregularities could perhaps be done with a really small noise, but you'll need some more segments for that
read 279 times
10/12/2011 5:37:39 PM (last edit: 10/12/2011 5:37:39 PM)
How close is the shot going to be? If you can, why not bump map it or normal map it.
read 260 times
10/12/2011 6:31:07 PM (last edit: 10/12/2011 6:31:07 PM)
1. make a square plane with 20 x 20 segments
2. add a tesselsate modifier... check operate on=polygon check face-center
3. add edit poly modifier, and select all the center verticies and move them away from the surface (should make pyramids)
4. add a bend modifier, set angle to 360 deg (or -360). reset pivot to center of object
5. add a twist modifier play with the angle
6 vertex weld mod, smooth mod (to remove smoothing)
read 254 times
10/12/2011 6:53:54 PM (last edit: 10/12/2011 6:53:54 PM)
Open chat window