Forum Groups
  All forums
    Help & Feedback
      Questions
      Work in progress
      Finished Art
      Non-Max related
    Community
      Offtopic
      News
    Hardware
    Photography



Maxunderground news unavailable

MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception
show user profile  zoe
Hi everyone !

I was doing some work on 3dsmax version 2010, and everything was going pretty well until I tried to do a chamfer on some edges and I got a' MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception - Unknown system exception' message.
Next to that a box with a filterfunctions.ms opened.
It's probably best if you see for yourself :http://imageshack.us/f/856/bugco.jpg/
When I tried to close the windows, the little error message kept showing up again and again and again until I finally had another message saying that max had crashed.
Fortunately I work with autoback so I didn't lose much work, but when I opened the file and tried to work on it again same thing happened.
It is very strange, because I tried to do a few chamfer on other edges and it seems to work properly, but on some particular once it crashes systematically. It also crashed with the same message error when I tried to do a cut later and once more with trying to render.

... I looked around the net but coudn't find any solution to that problem which is pretty annoying because I am a student and I have to hand in my project after the Christmas holidays, I don't want to spend two weeks fighting with max crashing all the time :(

So if any of you have ANY idea how to fix this, your help will be more than welcome !!!

I am using 3dsmax 2010 that I downloaded from autodesk student website and I'm running windows 7 home premium (64-bit) on a dell xps8300, with an Intel core i5-2400 CPU @3.10GHz, and have 8GB of RAM

Thanks in advance to all of you ! :)
read 3681 times
12/22/2011 1:03:07 AM (last edit: 12/22/2011 1:03:07 AM)
show user profile  Garp
These scripts are part of max's implementation, so that should definitely not be happening.
My guess is that your model is somehow corrupted. A few things to try:
- convert to emesh, then back to epoly;
- make a box, convert to epoly, attach your model and delete the box element;
- start a new scene and import/merge your model in it;
- delete the areas around the edges that are causing the problem and rebuild them.
Hopefully, one of these will work.




read 3672 times
12/22/2011 2:10:55 AM (last edit: 12/22/2011 2:10:55 AM)
show user profile  Dave
Bizzarro. I get this from time to time... well, very rarely to be honest but it's always on things like extrudes/bevels/chamfers. Just one part of a model will just decide it's not having any of it and I can repeat the crash 100% of the time. Garps suggestions are usually a way to fix it, as for why it happens... I have no idea.

"I flew over Egypt once"

read 3662 times
12/22/2011 5:06:55 PM (last edit: 12/22/2011 5:06:55 PM)
#Maxforums IRC
Open chat window


Support Maxforums.org