Help & Feedback
Work in progress
Indespensible MaxScripts, Plugins and 3rd Party Tools
The allmighty FREE Resources Thread !
The Life of a Sea Turtle - Tutorial by mrgrotey
Maxforums member photo gallery index
Maxforums Member Tutorials
three cheers to maxforums...
101 Things you didnt know in Max...
A Face tutorial from MDB101 :D
Maxforums.org Members Gallery
SON OF POST YOURSELF
Dub's Maxscript Tutorial Index
Maxunderground news unavailable
Clean way of removing missing plugins window.
Let me go a bit more visual about this problem.
I am sure it can help people a lot if we solve it here.
So let's go.
read 708 times
7/9/2015 4:15:06 PM (last edit: 7/10/2015 12:40:16 PM)
So what do we have.
Removeplugins script actually works.
I don't get annoying "missing plugin" window anymore but...
It brings another problem.
Somehow i get raytrace maps in my scene.
And Vray warns me about them.
Then after i clean them up with that same plugin... Render still takes forever for unknown reason.
read 685 times
7/9/2015 6:51:26 PM (last edit: 7/10/2015 12:44:10 PM)
So can anyone help me with solving this issue.
I mean i merged some objects from the scene where some plugin was used.
I dont use this plugin.
I don't have any containers of that plugin in my scene.
So 2 questions:
1. Why this freakin' missing plugin window pops up?
2. Why removeplugin script brings raytrace maps in my scene after cleaning that missing plugin out of my scene?
read 668 times
7/10/2015 12:37:14 PM (last edit: 7/10/2015 1:39:48 PM)
switch the renderer to scanline, go to raytrace tab, turn off raytrace, also turn off raytrace messages. switch back to vray, should be good to go
plugins - try this script instead i find it to be flawless.
regarding ur scene, copy and paste it into a fresh scene and reset ur vray settings. dont merge, it will not work as well for some reason. Failing that, once you have copied and pasted into fresh scene, hit file > new scene > keep objects and hirearchy.
read 666 times
7/10/2015 12:38:36 PM (last edit: 7/10/2015 12:41:37 PM)
Checked on another machine.
So here is the algorithm:
1. Load scene and get that darn popup.
2. Run merlinScripts_MrClean.mse
3. Click "Remove missing plugins"
4. Change the renderer to "Default Scanline Renderer"
5. In Raytracer tab switch off "Enable raytracing" and "Show Messages"
6. Turn Vray back on
7. Run merlinScripts_MrClean.mse and click "Replace Raytrace maps"
8. If you want to make your giveaway file even prettier paste this in the listener:
rendOutputFilename = ""
It will clear render output
9. Use "Archive" to collect all maps in one zip file.
Then open that zip and copy all maps from various possible folders to folder with your max file.
10. Click "References - > Asset Tracking" and strip all maps paths.
Congratulations! Now you have clean giveaway max file with all the maps presented in the same folder.
11. Save your file in 3ds max 2012 format.
12. Arhive that folder and send it to your client or co-worker.
Also i'd recommend to split the whole scene on some nice logical layers.
It will help people who will work with your scene a LOT.
read 650 times
7/10/2015 1:51:40 PM (last edit: 7/16/2015 6:20:51 PM)
Last message can be useful for people.
Paste it in some pinned thread.
read 568 times
7/16/2015 5:28:33 PM (last edit: 7/16/2015 5:28:33 PM)
post in here:
read 561 times
7/16/2015 5:44:08 PM (last edit: 7/16/2015 5:44:08 PM)
But i tried to make this instructions kinda universal and seems like i don't know...
Is it even possible to turn off non-native max plugins?
read 552 times
7/16/2015 6:38:04 PM (last edit: 7/16/2015 6:38:04 PM)
Open chat window