Forum Groups
  All forums
    Help & Feedback
      Work in progress
      Finished Art
      Non-Max related

Featured Threads
  inspiration alert!!!
(36 replies)
  Indespensible MaxScripts, Plugins and 3rd Party Tools
(37 replies)
  The allmighty FREE Resources Thread !
(17 replies)
  spam alert!!!
(4886 replies)
  Maxforums member photo gallery index
(114 replies)
  Maxforums Member Tutorials
(89 replies)
  three cheers to maxforums...
(240 replies)
  101 Things you didnt know in Max...
(198 replies)
  A Face tutorial from MDB101 :D
(95 replies) Members Gallery
(516 replies)
(637 replies)
  Dub's Maxscript Tutorial Index
(119 replies)

Maxunderground news unavailable

First page  Go to the previous page   [01]  [02]  Go to the next page  Last page
Car bits, whats it called?
show user profile  reeves1984
hi there chaps - trying to find some lovely reference for a car Im modelling on a job, and it invoives the stickyouty bit from the engine that goes through the bonnet (hood if you will) that they have a lot on funny cars/drag racers, ie:

Is the top bit called a blower? think thats what I'm after, not been terribly succesful though.

Simon Reeves - VFX Artist & Blog
twitter <-- I work here

read 995 times
4/24/2008 11:31:54 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:31:54 AM)
show user profile  owtdor
That would be the blower, which sits on top of the carbs. Carbs indicate that this is not a fuel injected car. Judging by the size and location of the belt, I would say this particular car has a supercharger on it.

read 990 times
4/24/2008 11:33:05 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:34:16 AM)
show user profile  Bolteon

p.s. that is a mighty beautiful camaro.

-Marko Mandaric

read 978 times
4/24/2008 11:39:03 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:39:58 AM)
show user profile  mak
bollocks, thats a flux capacitor that.
read 973 times
4/24/2008 11:40:40 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:40:40 AM)
show user profile  Bryan C.
god did anyone notice the size of the lip on the back tires? those things have got to be like 17x15 with a 12 inch lip at LEAST


read 957 times
4/24/2008 11:52:29 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:52:29 AM)
show user profile  VKotek
is that big blower even legal?
Vojtech Kotek

read 947 times
4/24/2008 11:54:32 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:54:32 AM)
show user profile  owtdor
As far as I know it is still legal in the U.S.
Definitely legal on the drag strips, encouraged even.

read 943 times
4/24/2008 11:55:27 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:56:00 AM)
show user profile  VKotek
yeah but on the streets, a person crossing the road could easily be blotted out from your field of view by that thing
Vojtech Kotek

read 931 times
4/24/2008 11:59:06 AM (last edit: 4/24/2008 11:59:06 AM)
show user profile  reeves1984
Cheers me dears. I do love the subtlety of these old American cars.

Simon Reeves - VFX Artist & Blog
twitter <-- I work here

read 924 times
4/24/2008 12:00:32 PM (last edit: 4/24/2008 12:00:32 PM)
show user profile  Westcoast13
In America, as long as the bumpers are high enough, field of vision is un-important! I love it, should be the same in the UK!!

My Turbosquid Area

read 921 times
4/24/2008 12:00:56 PM (last edit: 4/24/2008 12:00:56 PM)
show user profile  Error404
google images on theres:

weiand supercharger
4-71 supercharger
6-71 supercharger
8-71 supercharger

That will give you alot of reference photos. And also try replacing supercharger for blower, interchangeable terms for the most part. Blower is kind of the slang term. And you can google for "4 barrel carburetor" as well, if you need more detailed photos of the carburetors that sit on top of the blower. -

read 864 times
4/24/2008 3:43:44 PM (last edit: 4/24/2008 3:51:10 PM)
show user profile  killerbee2
it's called a fronat

read 809 times
4/24/2008 6:27:23 PM (last edit: 4/24/2008 6:27:23 PM)
show user profile  Error404
dual fronats, to be exact. -

read 786 times
4/24/2008 10:23:09 PM (last edit: 4/24/2008 10:23:09 PM)
show user profile  reeves1984
cheers Dan, sounds good!

Simon Reeves - VFX Artist & Blog
twitter <-- I work here

read 743 times
4/25/2008 3:46:31 AM (last edit: 4/25/2008 3:46:31 AM)
show user profile  reeves1984
I seem to be searching for more and more dodgy sounding things, 'blower flaps' was a good one.

Simon Reeves - VFX Artist & Blog
twitter <-- I work here

read 716 times
4/25/2008 6:32:51 AM (last edit: 4/25/2008 6:32:51 AM)
First page  Go to the previous page   [01]  [02]  Go to the next page  Last page
#Maxforums IRC
Open chat window