Forum Groups
  All forums
    Help & Feedback
      Questions
      Work in progress
      Finished Art
      Non-Max related
    Community
      Offtopic
      News
    Hardware
    Photography


Featured Threads
  inspiration alert!!!
(36 replies)
  Indespensible MaxScripts, Plugins and 3rd Party Tools
(37 replies)
  The allmighty FREE Resources Thread !
(17 replies)
  spam alert!!!
(4886 replies)
  Maxforums member photo gallery index
(114 replies)
  Maxforums Member Tutorials
(89 replies)
  three cheers to maxforums...
(240 replies)
  101 Things you didnt know in Max...
(198 replies)
  A Face tutorial from MDB101 :D
(95 replies)
  Maxforums.org Members Gallery
(516 replies)
  SON OF POST YOURSELF
(637 replies)
  Dub's Maxscript Tutorial Index
(119 replies)

Maxunderground news unavailable

Broken groups?
show user profile  jpedleham
Hi All,

A few weeks back i found something online when i had a problem where an object wouldnt move in my max scene and it was attributed to a problem with a broken group or broken parent or something like that. I cant for the life of me remember where i found the solution or even what the solution was. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Jack
read 377 times
7/29/2016 3:07:27 PM (last edit: 7/29/2016 3:17:46 PM)
show user profile  HANZZ
Describe fully what your setup is in your scene. From that we can offer ideas.

 photo MorgothArisenSig_zpsup4yjp7o.jpg

read 366 times
7/29/2016 8:44:56 PM (last edit: 7/29/2016 8:44:56 PM)
show user profile  Garp
I'm not certain since I don't know how your group is broken but it could be as simple as unparenting it.
$TheObject.parent = undefined
Or even just unlinking it through the UI (really going on a limb here).




read 348 times
7/30/2016 1:43:13 PM (last edit: 7/30/2016 1:44:19 PM)
show user profile  jpedleham
The scene is pretty big. I had a zone of the building (a seating area) parented to the floor and also grouped. I deleted the floor and now i cannot move anything. I had this problem before and i cant remember how i solved it. At the moment im having to do the old attach to a new primitive then delete the primitive routine. Ive tried unlinking through the UI but it does nothing. I found a script last time and it had something to do with parenting but it checked for broken groups, told you how many there were and then fixed it. God only knows where i found it. What is strange too is when i try and merge the max file into a new file, the problem objects dont merge. No they arent xrefs i checked. Such strange behaviour.
read 321 times
8/1/2016 2:54:55 PM (last edit: 8/1/2016 2:54:55 PM)
#Maxforums IRC
Open chat window


Support Maxforums.org